Commemorative coin NRLA – Ceneri 2020
Currently not available
Official commemorative coin with carefully selected effigy "NRLA - Ceneri 2020". To collect for yourself or as an exquisite gift.
Following the completion of the Lötschberg and Gotthard base tunnels in 2007 and 2016, the Ceneri base tunnel is the last major construction project of the New Rail Link through the Alps (NRLA). It will open in September 2020 and go into service in December 2020. It will bring major improvements for passenger and freight traffic on the Gotthard line and, by providing a direct rail link between Lugano and Locarno, will be a leap forward for regional travel services in the canton of Ticino.
With its silver 20-franc commemorative coin, Swissmint wants to mark the 2020 opening of the Ceneri base tunnel. In addition, this coin also recognises the entire endeavour involved in this project of the century – the New Rail Link through the Alps (NRLA), culminating in the opening of the Ceneri base tunnel.
- Effigy: NRLA – Ceneri 2020
- Artist: Remo Mascherini, Flamatt
- Technical data: Alloy: silver 0,835, Weight: 20 g, Diatmeter: 33 mm
- Legal face value: 20 Swiss Francs
- Date of issue: 3 September 2020
- Selling period: Up to 2 September 2023 or while stocks last
- Mintage: limited / Proof coin in presentation case: 7,500 pieces
- Coined and issued by: Federal Mint Swissmint
With the New Rail Link through the Alps (NRLA), Switzerland is providing a modern, efficient railway infrastructure on the European north-south corridor through the Alps - as an environmentally friendly alternative to road transport for freight and passengers. CENERI 2020 - a quantum leap in European mobility.
Further information is available at: https://ceneri2020.sbb.ch/
Write Your Own Review